Monday, April 21, 2008

Mummys's Notes...

I am currently heavily pregnant and that list has just depressed me no end. I am blessed with fat swollen ankles and legs and a belly the size of a over-sized beach ball.

Anyway, all blessings for an easy pregnancy, with lots of cozy moments. One piece of advice I'm sure about: Give in to being tired. It's always good to have a good excuse to go to bed and now, finally, you can do it without feeling guilty. You can go to bed and think to yourself: "I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing this for the baby."

Right? Right.

So, now that you're cozy, you'll need good things to read. And, comfy blankets for cold nights. I suggest a little incense or one of those little burner things for essential smelly oils.

Of course none of this is for you. It's all for the unborn. So there is no self-indulgence going on. Just good pre-parenting.

Right? Right.


Now, for practical advice (for myself and expectant mothers out there...):

Don't: Look at anything ugly. Read about anything unpleasant. And leave heavy social and political issues for others.

Do: Look out the window a lot, especially at clouds, new blooming trees and flowers and the sun glistening off freshly fallen dew.

Prayer: Some people seem to think it helps. I'm one of them. He likes to be remembered, and remembers those who remember Him.

Signing off...
Mummy

1 comment:

Nic said...

Good advice, babe!
The thing is I'm not pregnant and yet I'm guilty of all of the above too..;-)
Well, I figured that every woman is either pregnant or getting there or was just it. So that makes me qualified.. hello, I'm in my 5th trimester now..
(^_^) Geez.. any excuses just to have a good time!!

p/s Have a good delivery babe, may Allah be with you always. Tell Aisyah she's not so little anymore.. takleh menada-nada dah..